back to job listings page
Sector: IT & Telecomms
Type: Permanent / Full Time
Pay rate: £25,000 - £50000
Location: Reading, Berks (on site full time)
Salary: £25-50k (Depending on Experience)
(More than 1 position available at differing levels)
As the datacentre engineer for this fast growing infrastructure provider you will have the privilege of working for an organisation who specialise in creating partnerships with clients and providing lasting value.
You will be an individual who is excited by the datacentre industry and working with the physical aspects of computing technology, network infrastructure and datacentre operations.
We’re looking for people who have the enthusiasm to deliver the highest quality as this company rely on their colleagues to support each other, which means that work ethic, punctuality and astute attention to detail are key.
The culture of the organisation is of upmost importance and therefore to be successful in this role you will be willing to engage, support and share knowledge, as part of a team that helps each other. They pride themselves on delivering industry leading solutions and finding the right solution to every challenge, not just the minimum standard.
More experienced members of a team will show leadership on technical and interpersonal skills.
The datacentre team operate around normal working hours for the Reading site, although visits to other datacentres can mean slightly earlier start/finish.
• Experience in providing support for IT systems / hardware
• Experience in deploying network infrastructure, preferably fibre and copper
• Experience of some or all of the following; o Linux (Redhat derivative/Ubuntu)
o Windows Server
o Switch configuration
o SM / OM fibre
o Cat 5/6 copper
• Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking
• The ability to install and decommission a range of hardware
• Maintaining and updating accurate documentation of systems
• Enthusiasm and pragmatic, problem-solving attitude
• Attention to detail, with high quality, consistent output when following processes
• Good communication skills, both written and in person, applied to clients and colleagues at all levels
This is an immediate requirement, so if you are interested in the position – or even finding out more information
– please do not hesitate to APPLY today!