back to job listings page
Type: Permanent / Full Time
Pay rate: £30,000 - £35000
Location: Newbury, Berks
Salary: £30-35k per annum
Permanent, Full time (Office based)
We are seeking an experienced Finance Assistant to support the finance team within a professional, fast paced and service driven organisation in Newbury, Berkshire.
You will enjoy working as part of a team and getting involved in a variety of tasks. The whole team are very friendly and welcoming and everyone supports each other whether that be to answering calls, making tea, or offering advice or feedback on projects where required.
- Contribute to revenue, profitability & cash flow through accurate & timely accounting of project costing tracking, analysis and reporting
- Monitor and manage project / job status and invoice requirements
- Assist with the day-to-day transactional management of both receivables (customer invoicing) and payables (supplier bill processing) when required
- Bookkeeping qualification would be beneficial.
- Bookkeeping knowledge & experience to trial balance essential
- Project accounting analysis and reporting experience
- Experience using Xero would be advantageous but not essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel
- A strong track record of supporting a senior leader
- An analytical mind who thrives on accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with and report to all levels
- Collaborative and supportive of the business and its initiatives
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to always remain proactive and adaptable
- Anticipate and identify potential problems and provide innovative solutions
- A strong team player
- Able to manage conflicting priorities under pressure
- Happy to jump in and assist fellow colleagues when needs be
- Competitive Salary
- Pension contribution
- 25 Days Holiday + Statutory Bank Holidays
This is an immediate requirement, so if you are interested in the position – or even finding out more information
– please do not hesitate to APPLY today!