back to job listings page
Sector: IT & Telecomms
Type: Permanent / Full Time
Pay rate: £0 - £
UK Home based - Full time, Permanent
£50,000 to £55,000 per annum + great benefits
Are you an experienced Full-Stack Developer and comfortable working on front-end and back-end systems?
Do you have a proactive nature and can-do attitude?
Do you want to join a globally distributed but friendly and familiar team in creating, delivering, and managing industry-recognised software-based solutions and platform?
Our client are global leaders in market research for their industries. They help companies around the world to understand the dynamics of their marketplace, turning data into business opportunities.The UK office is based in Berkshire however as this role is home based we will accept applications from across the UK.
You are a Full-Stack Developer and know your way around AWS. With +6 years’ experience working across the full technology stack, you will be comfortable working on back-end and front-end systems. You should have the eagerness for applying SDLC best practices.
On a typical day, you can expect to be actively working on our client’s data pipelines and content delivery platform. This will involve deep knowledge about databases, AWS’ Big Data Services, microservices, and event-driven architectures. Efficiency, quality, and experience with automation are paramount for this role.
Team members around the world will depend on you, so effective communication is vital. team but business users, operations staff, data engineers, and end-users as well.
As a Full-Stack Developer, it is expected you will work closely with the Senior Director of Software Development and DevOps to help identify bottlenecks and make recommendations for improvements.
- Working with large (Exabyte) volumes of data – exporting, transforming, migrating, and cleaning as asynchronous batch jobs and streams
- Data mining
- Rule-based, fuzzy logic, and machine learning data processing
- Extensive practical experience using a wide range of AWS technologies, including: S3, EC2s, Lambda, Step Functions, Glue, EMR, API Gateway
- Logging and monitoring of systems and data flows
- Creating, maintaining, and testing back-end API-based services
- Creating, maintaining, and testing front-end web-based GUIs
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks and weaknesses in execution/process flows and pipelines
- Working with and alongside DevOps and Support staff
- Developing and maintaining large, distributed, highly available, highly scalable, event driven, serverless and microservice architectures
- Participating in the Scrum team activities
- Supporting and working with other members of the development team
- Platform: AWS
- Databases: PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Desirable: Machine Learning, Fuzzy Logic
This is an immediate requirement, so if you are interested in the position – or even finding out more information
– please do not hesitate to APPLY today!