HR Management and Support
back to job listings page
HR Management and Support
Sector: HR & Recruitment
Type: Permanent / Full Time
Pay rate: £35,000 - £40000
9-5.30 Monday to Friday - 37.50 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified HR Manager, to work within the HR team.
You will have a professional CIMA qualification.
This role is based in their Newbury offices and the HR team are responsible for 172 employees in the UK with a total of 400 staff worldwide.
It is essential that you are a team player and a strong all rounder within HR.
We are looking for someone who can take this role forward and progress within this role, with mentoring by a senior management team member.
Job Purpose Summary:
To provide the HR Team and Board of Directors with key administrative and organisational support. To work with the HR team and ensure appropriate records are generated/ maintained and that relevant employee legislation is adhered to. To offer advice and guidance to the Board, HR Team and Departmental Managers. They are currently in the process of introducing a new HR system called peoplehr.
To support the Company with general administrative and organisational duties.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Continuously monitor and ensure that the company’s procedures comply with current employment/ legal regulations.
- Manage complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement, and redundancy.
- Establish departmental accountabilities for the range of HR functions and ensure they are carried out.
- Offer pragmatic solutions to problems.
- Continuously review the responsibilities of the HR department and make managerial decisions when necessary.
- Provide an HR advisory and coaching service to senior management to ensure they have the appropriate knowledge and skills to effectively manage their people.
- Assess and advise on both individual, departmental, and organisational learning and development needs and then design and implement training programs accordingly
- Ensure that current HR system remains up to date
- Managing staff relationships, responding to any queries or problems that they have and managing their expectations
- To provide direct support to the Board and ensure that all reports requested are delivered in a timely fashion
- Administer payroll and payroll records and keep accounts appraised of any changes.
- Assist with Company Secretarial and insurance requirements
- Pension compliance and auto enrolment procedures on a monthly basis, annual scheme reviews with external advisor, and staff support
- To ensure compliance of GDPR regulations within the HR Department.
The role requires a flexible, accommodating, and happy individual. Able to work independently or as part of a team. The role is office based in Newbury.
The company has many offices worldwide and all Group HR records are kept in the HR department, with the exception of Germany due to local GDPR restrictions.
The company is also looking to implement a new employment software programme in 2022 so will need considerable input from the HR team.
This will be a challenging and rewarding role for the right person who is prepared to give heart and sole to the role.
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Workplace Pension with salary sacrifice as company will contribute 13.8% NI savings into pension
Generous maternity package after 2 years 90% pay for 26 weeks
Stunning offices for a great working environment
This is an immediate requirement, so if you are interested in the position – or even finding out more information
– please do not hesitate to APPLY today!