back to job listings page
Sector: Procurement/ Purchasing
Type: Permanent / Full Time
Pay rate: £20,000 - £25000
£20-25k plus bonus
Permanent, Full Time
Office Based: 09:00 - 17:30 (working from home on rotation at present)
The inventory analyst is a role that protects both the commercial integrity of the business but also drives profitability.
This role is about promoting effective and efficient operational relationships with vendors and suppliers through sales reporting, shipment tracking and ensuring integrity of the data in the internal systems i.e product codes and descriptions being correct and customer pricing etc.
Working as part of a small team reporting in to the Support Manager, you will
need the following skills/attributes to be successful in this role:
- Strong analytical bias
- Ability to manipulate data and present accurate reports
- Target driven (objective based rather than figure based)
- Competency in working at a fast pace and in a high volume environment
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to build rapport quickly
- Proficient in time management and multi tasking
- Motivated by deadlines
- Exemplary attention to detail and accuracy
- Ensure all product codes, descriptions and commercial data i.e costs and customer pricing are correct and up to date and 100% accurate on internal systems
- Define and manage any price levels on internal systems for all products & services
- Work with Vendor to provide regular pricing updates as required, and as per agreed process, for all products & services
- Through review help to ensure stock management and planning is adhered to within the agreed commercial framework
- Work with sales and Vendor Business Manager to manage stock requirements outside of run-rate business
- Ensure Purchase Orders are correctly raised via approval process
- Work with the Purchasing Specialist to ensure spares are correctly ordered and fulfilled into spares location
- Assist vendor support team with suppliers to ensure all information on ETA’s are captured and any delays or extended lead times are communicated to both Customers Services and Sales Support.
- Ensure accurate and timely Back Order Management
- Work with Finance team to ensure all accruals are accurate for month end process, and assist finance to close and fully reconcile any vendor debts / issues.
- Ensure 100% accuracy of POS information to all required vendors at the agreed frequency
- Support Vendor Business Manager to provide reports at the agreed frequency for all relevant suppliers and ensure all performance rebates are tracked and to attend all quarterly business reviews
- Support Vendor Business Manager to validate supplier reports are accurate compared to internal reports to ensure 100% accurate rebates are received
- Ensure, credits for ship and debit are claimed in full
- Continually monitor and maximise vendor Gross Profit to reduce cost of sales across all products & services
This is an immediate requirement, so if you are interested in the position – or even finding out more information
– please do not hesitate to APPLY today!