back to job listings page
Type: Permanent / Full Time
Pay rate: £28,000 - £30000
Permanent, Full time.
Hours: 06:30 - 16:00 / 07:30-16:30 Mon-Fri with Saturdays 07:00-13:00 @ x1.5 (usually 1 in 3 during busy periods)
As the production supervisor for this global sports brand you will manage and lead teams to prepare, repair and/or assemble sports equipment.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 -5 years of Production experience & team management in a supervisor role.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills & ability to direct others.
- Detail oriented with the ability to fulfil responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision-making.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in managing multiple projects, people and responsibilities in a fast paced changing environment, with Continuous Improvement training or equivalent
- Possess skills to develop and implement new procedures and policies to simplify and improve operations.
- Knowledge of computers and proficient in MS word, excel, SAP experience helpful.
- Some understanding of PC graphics software would be an advantage.
- Good manual skills are required when working with machinery.
- Good literacy, numeracy, computer and keyboard skills are required and have excellent attention to detail.
- A willingness to learn and help develop Customs procedures and have the ability to develop a good working knowledge of product range.
- Assist in the definition of assembly productivity and performance targets and prioritise and schedule work for the shop floor accordingly.
- Ensure predetermined performance targets are met and monitor and report results.
- Train, retain and motivate quality staff members and manage the labour resource to obtain maximum efficiency.
- Ensure flexibility in working hours to cope with seasonal demands.
- Assist Manufacturing Manager in evaluating performance of employees, conducting Performance and Training Reviews on an annual basis and correcting any performance issues.
- Give regular informal performance feedback to employees and coach and counsel as needed.
- Identify training needs and design development plans.
- Ensure new starters have an effective induction and training plan.
- Attend regular production meetings, ensuring all relevant information is communicated to all staff.
- Present team performance during production meeting.
- Ensure all personnel are trained in production operations and work procedures to Company specified standard and sign offs are completed promptly.
- Hands on operation of production equipment as needed.
- Monitor equipment and report issues as required.
- Work with production controller to ensure prioritised assemblies are completed.
- Ensure all assemblies meet quality standards.
- Report and resolve errors eg. work card misprints, reworks, new product assembly etc.
- Present team performance during general operations meeting
- Plan job rotation schedules with the Team leaders and seniors.
- Ensure Health and Safety guidelines are followed.
- Ensure workplace compliance and monitor regularly.
- Ensure defined housekeeping standards met.
- Any ad hoc duties assigned, including working in different areas as required
- Weekdays Monday – Friday 6.30am – 7.30am and 4pm – 4.30pm
- Saturday 7.00am – 1.00pm
This is an immediate requirement, so if you are interested in the position – or even finding out more information
– please do not hesitate to APPLY today!