back to job listings page
Type: Permanent / Full Time
Pay rate: £0 - £
Salary: £17-19k plus study support
Full time, Permanent
As the tax trainee in this prestigious local accountancy practice you will enjoy problem solving, research and compliance. You will have the opportunity to investigate interesting and intricate tax affairs by supporting the tax manager in providing appropriate solutions and offering advice and guidance to clients.
The ultimate aim is to ensure that the most up to date, relevant and effective recommendations are supplied to the clients in support of their questions/issues/problems.
Tax can be a very complex area of accounting and therefore the ability to explain articulately and in layman's terms is a crucial part of this function within the accounting practice.
You will be motivated to work in a team that will advise clients on how to prepare for significant changes to the UK tax system from 2024 transforming the function to be digitalised for the future. This is the biggest change in 20 years.
- Clear communicator with excellent written and verbal English
- Bright and articulate
- Investigative mind with a methodical and highly organised way of working
- Enthusiastic team player
- Patient and accurate
- Experience of customer service and problem solving
- Interest in data research and analysis
- Motivated to provide solutions and resolve problems
- Task orientated with good time keeping
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Request and collate information
- Keep abreast of all tax regulations, laws and compliance
- Maintain client relations through email and telephone contact, support others in client meetings
- Correspond with HMRC concerning routine tax matters (i.e. tax codes, checking repayments / tax calculations), complex tax cases and dealing with HMRC enquiries
- Assist in the administration of client invoicing
- Undertake to study for the first level of exams with full support provided after your first year of work
- Develop understanding of Money Laundering Regulations, General Data Protection and workplace Equality, inclusion and diversity
Normal hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, to be worked from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Reporting to: Tax Department Manager
- Study support
- Hybrid working after a qualifying period
- Private healthcare and wellbeing programme
- Enhanced pension contribution scheme
- Death-in-service benefit (4 x gross salary)
- Purchase extra holiday
- Incapacity pay
- Optical tests
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Professional subscriptions paid
- Free on-site parking
This is an immediate requirement, so if you are interested in the position – or even finding out more information
– please do not hesitate to APPLY today!