Technical Consultant (Citrix)
back to job listings page
Technical Consultant (Citrix)
Sector: IT & Telecomms
Type: Permanent / Full Time
Pay rate: £45,000 - £55000
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Salary: €55k pro rata
Contract: 1 year
Start date: ASAP
As a Technical Consultant working as part of a Managed Service Team you will be responsible for providing reactive, proactive, and preventative services, serving as trusted advisors who understand the customers’ environments and work as an extension of the IT Operations team.
The teams primary responsibility is for delivering the following operational services in the customers’ production environment(s):
- Incident management – resolve incidents received from the customer (in alignment with SLA’s) and/or that were created to address alerts from the monitoring system.
- Change management – attend weekly customer change review board meetings, write/submit change tickets, perform changes during customer change windows (typically after-hours)
- Problem management – analyse customer’s incident history to determine if any trends/patterns represent an underlying problem, and if so work with customer to initiate an effort to address.
- Event management – investigate alerts received from the monitoring system and determine proper actions to address these alerts.
- Request fulfilment – fulfil service requests received from the customer.
- Environment management – functions include managing/administering Citrix technologies and components within the production environment, updating environment documentation, applying approved firmware and patch updates to Citrix components, assessing the health of and making recommendations to optimise the Citrix platform
- Reports – deliver weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports containing key ticketing system metrics and other information relevant to decision-making.
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and closing all critical and high-severity (P1/P2) incidents.
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and closing all incidents that are escalated from the Service Desk.
- Performing normal and emergency changes as defined by the client.
- Fulfilling service requests that can be implemented via a normal change.
- Maintaining accurate and timely ticketing system data (e.g. detailed ticket notes, accurate ticket status, following up on tickets to avoid excessive ticket ageing, etc.).
- Configuring and managing the monitoring solution and related ancillary technologies, including helping to establish baselines and adjusting threshold values as needed.
- Analysing monitoring metrics and alerts to identify patterns/trends, make correlations, and provide actionable information.
- Must be willing to work daily on-site in Dublin, Ireland
- Excellent problem-solving ability with complex technical challenges.
- Act with a positive customer service attitude.
- Ability to work effectively in a small- to medium-size team environment.
- Desire and ability to provide mentoring/coaching to junior teammates.
- ITIL knowledge and ability to apply ITIL concepts in practice.
- Demonstrated technical fluency and/or expertise in a range of technical areas, based upon focus area.
- Citrix technologies, including virtualization (XEN) and image management.
- Hypervisor technologies (VMware, Nutanix, etc.).
- Microsoft directory services (LDAP, Active Directory, etc.).
- Windows Server OS configuration.
- Basic level of key networking concepts (TCP/IP, routing, networking).
This is an immediate requirement, so if you are interested in the position – or even finding out more information
– please do not hesitate to APPLY today!