Temporary Residential Caretaker
back to job listings page
Temporary Residential Caretaker
Sector: Facilities Management
Type: Contract or Temp
Pay rate: £12 - £13
X 5 days, 9am - 1pm
£12.50 per hour
Our client is looking for a dedicated, motivated and switched-on Caretaker to maintain and service a set of high-value apartment buildings based in Newbury.
As the Caretaker, you will be responsible for the overall upkeep, servicing and running of minor operations within the building and its grounds. With the three key aspects of the role being Cleaning, Maintenance and Basic Gardening, you will have a can-do attitude and pride yourself on your excellent work!
You will have great attention to detail and be able to work autonomously to ensure that the residents of the premise are left with a feeling of high quality.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE CARETAKER INCLUDES:
- Carry out a daily inspection of all the internal and external areas within the residence and report any defects immediately to the Property Manager.
- Carry out cleaning and minor repairs (maintenance) of all areas on a weekly basis, in accordance with an agreed Specification of Work.
- Undergo weekly checks that the emergency telephones in the lifts work correctly. Immediately report any problems to the Property Manager.
- Read the landlord’s communal meters on a weekly basis
- Litter pick and remove leaves from the external areas and car parks.
- Some basic gardening including trimming/hedging/shrubs under the property’s responsibility. During dry periods of weather, water the hedges and plants as required.
- Welcome new residents (Leaseholders and tenants) to make them aware of the use of the bin store and what is not permitted on the balcony. Also to note the Fire Exits and policies in the event of an emergency.
- Carry out Fire checks on site and ensure the BT / TV cupboards are opened for Leaseholders when required by contractors.
- Check the operation / closing ability of all Fire Doors for each floor.
- Liaise with leaseholders in respect of replacement door entry and car park entry fobs.
- Assist with the residential waste management duties for the building
- To monitor and review all apartment communal area logs and systems of record keeping.
- Ensure that failed lamps within the residential internal areas and residential car park are replaced when necessary.
- Monitor residents moving in and out to mitigate damage to lifts and the internal communal areas.
- Be responsible for maintenance of log books, accident reporting procedures, compliance with COSHH regulations and contractor permit to work procedures.
- Carry out checks to ensure any other cleaners and contractors are carrying out their duties in line with specifications of work.
- Liaise with the appointed parking patrol company to monitor the residential car park if appropriate
- Take delivery of water softener salts and add to system as required. Monitor performance every 3-4 weeks.
- Carry out any other tasks to ensure the smooth running of premises
- Previous cleaning / care taking experience.
This is an immediate requirement, so if you are interested in the position – or even finding out more information
– please do not hesitate to APPLY today!